The Advanced Search tool allows you to further refine your search through combining several search terms and/or limiting the search by specific fields.
While the default option is to search all fields, you can also search specific fields like title, creator/contributor, and/or keyword individually or in combination.
- Searches are not case sensitive
- Combining your search terms with AND will find items in which all terms appear
- Combining your search terms with OR will find items that contain either term
- Preceding a search term with NOT will find items that do not contain the term [Note that you cannot use this operator for a term in the first row]
- Use quotation marks to search an exact phrase
- Use “*” to search a truncated term (the system will use word stemming to include plural and singular forms, as well as common suffix and tense variations)
You may also limit your search by format, year, or only items that are available online.